Prednisolone 10 mg from Pfizer
|Shipping time||6-14 days|
|Type||steroids, corticosteroids are a type of anti-inflammatory drug|
|Buy other strengths||Prednisolone 5 mg, Prednisolone 10 mg, Prednisolone 20 mg, Prednisolone 40 mg|
Prednisolone, an ingredient in WYSOLONE 10MG, is a member of the corticosteroid drug class. It is used to treat inflammatory and auto-immune conditions like allergies, including severe allergic reactions, inflammation of the lungs, asthma, blood vessels, the heart, the bowel and kidneys, the muscles and joints, including rheumatoid arthritis, the eye and nervous system, the skin, infections, and cancers (such as leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma).
WYSOLONE 10MG is also used to enhance steroid levels when the body cannot create natural steroids on its own and to avoid organ rejection following transplantation. It is also used to treat high calcium levels in the affected people, typically characterized by symptoms including nausea, cramping in the stomach, pain in the bones, and muscle weakening.
Patients with fungal infections or recently received live vaccines are not advised to use WYSOLONE 10MG. If you have an infection, hypothyroidism, fits, myasthenia gravis (muscle weakness), diabetes, high blood pressure, heart failure, liver disease, or renal illness, let your doctor know before using WYSOLONE 10MG.
Use of WYSOLONE 10MG during pregnancy and when nursing should be avoided. Also used with caution in teens and youngsters (below 18 years of age). Before using the medication, speak with your doctor. Infection, symptoms of low potassium levels (such as constipation, rapid heartbeat), symptoms of increased blood and urine sugar levels (such as increased thirst and frequent urination), high blood pressure, thinner skin, and impaired wound healing are the most frequent side effects of taking WYSOLONE 10MG. Before using the medication, speak with your doctor.
USES OF WYSOLONE 10MG
- To treat inflammatory and auto-immune conditions such as:
- Allergies (including severe allergic reactions)
- Inflammation (affecting lungs including asthma, blood vessels & heart, bowel and kidney, muscles and joints including rheumatoid arthritis, eye/nervous system)
- Skin conditions, infections, and cancers (such as leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma)
- To prevent organ rejection after transplantation
- To boost steroid levels when the body cannot make enough natural steroids on its own.
- To treat high calcium levels in the body.
HOW WYSOLONE 10MG WORKS
Prednisolone works by blocking the production of polymorphonuclear leukocytes (immune cells responsible for inflammation and allergic reactions), preventing inflammatory and allergic reactions in the affected individuals, thus treating the conditions.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Take WYSOLONE 10MG as advised by your physician. Swallow the medicine with a glass of water. Do not crush or chew the medicine. Your doctor will decide the correct dose and duration of WYSOLONE 10MG depending upon your age, body weight and disease conditions.
SIDE EFFECTS OF WYSOLONE 10MG
- Infections such as tuberculosis
- Lower concentration of certain hormones, Cushing’s-like appearance, growth retardation in children
- Signs of low levels of potassium such as constipation, fast heartbeat, fatigue, muscle damage, muscle weakness or spasms
- Signs of high sodium levels such as confusion, muscle twitching, seizures, coma
- Signs of increased sugar in the blood and urine such as increased thirst, frequent urination, excessive hunger
- Osteoporosis (weak and brittle bones)
- Swelling due to fluid accumulation
- High blood pressure
- Thinner skin
- Impaired wound healing
- Muscle wasting
- Mental disorders (at high doses)
- Cataracts, glaucoma (increased eye pressure with pain)
- Mania in patients without a history of psychiatric illness
- Increased benign pressure in the skull
- Breakdown of bone tissue
- Tendon rupture
Stop taking WYSOLONE 10MG and contact your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following side effects:
- Signs of a severe allergic reaction (including angioedema) such as swelling of the face, tongue or throat, difficulty swallowing, hives and difficulty breathing, fever, drop in blood pressure
- Signs of pheochromocytoma crisis (rare, life-threatening adrenal gland tumor) such as anxiety, headache, palpitations, sweating, pale skin
- Signs of acute renal and kidney problem (due to scleroderma) such as high blood pressure and decreased urine output
- Suicidal thoughts
- Exposure to people infected with chickenpox, shingles and measles
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
WYSOLONE 10MG should be used with caution in pregnant women and in women planning for pregnancy. Consult your doctor before taking WYSOLONE 10MG.
WYSOLONE 10MG should be used with caution in breastfeeding women since the medicine may pass through milk. Consult your doctor before taking WYSOLONE 10MG.
DRIVING AND USING MACHINES
Do not drive or operate any machines if you experience visual disturbance, dizziness or tiredness while taking WYSOLONE 10MG. Consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
WYSOLONE 10MG should be used with caution in patients with kidney failure. Consult your doctor taking the medicine.
WYSOLONE 10MG should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Consult your doctor before taking WYSOLONE 10MG.
Do not take WYSOLONE 10MG if you are allergic to Prednisolone or any other ingredient in this medicine.
WYSOLONE 10MG should be used with caution in patients with heart disease such as heart failure. Consult your doctor before taking medicine.
WYSOLONE 10MG is not recommended for use if you:
- Have fungal infection
- Recently had any live vaccinations
Before taking WYSOLONE 10MG, inform your doctor if you have:
- Or get an infection
- An underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism)
- Or had seizures
- Myasthenia gravis (muscle weakness)
- Or had been treated for tuberculosis
- Gastric, duodenal ulcer or inflammatory bowel disease such as ulcerative colitis, diverticulitis
- High blood pressure
- Or had blood clots such as vein thrombosis
- Mood swings or psychotic tendencies
- An adrenal tumor (pheochromocytoma)
- Surgically created new blood vessels or intestinal connections
- Scleroderma (rare auto-immune disease characterized by chronic hardening and tightening of the skin)
- Intolerance to certain sugars such as lactose
Use in pediatrics:
WYSOLONE 10MG should be used with caution in children and adolescents (below 18 years of age). Consult your doctor before taking it.
Use in geriatrics:
WYSOLONE 10MG should be taken with caution in elderly patients (above 65 years of age). Consult your doctor before taking it.
- Rifampicin, isoniazid (medicines used to treat tuberculosis)
- Blood thinners like warfarin
- Carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin (medicines used to treat epilepsy)
- Anticholinergics (medicines used to treat Parkinson’s disease or asthma) Ex. trihexyphenidyl, benztropine, ipratropium, tiotropium.
- Cholinesterase inhibitors (medicines used to treat myasthenia gravis or Alzheimer’s disease) Ex. neostigmine, edrophonium
- Insulin (medicine used to treat diabetes)
- Anti-diabetic drugs (medicines used to treat diabetes) Ex. metformin, glipizide
- Cobicistat (medicine used to treat HIV infection)
- Estrogens (birth control pill used to prevent pregnancy)
- Acetylsalicylic acid and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines (used to treat pain and inflammation) Ex. paracetamol, ibuprofen
- Potassium lowering diuretics (medicines used to treat high blood pressure) such as thiazides (Ex. chlorothiazide, chlorthalidone), furosemide
- Medicines used to treat asthma such as xanthines (Ex. theophylline), beta-2 stimulants (Ex. salbutamol, terbutaline, salmeterol, formoterol)
- Amphotericin B (medicines used to treat fungal infection)
If you or anyone else accidentally take too much of WYSOLONE 10MG, consult your doctor immediately or visit the nearby hospital.
|Therapeutic Indication||:||Inflammatory & Auto-immune conditions, Organ rejection (after transplantation), Hypercalcemia|
|Dosage Forms||:||Tablet, Dispersible Tablet, Eye Drops, Ophthalmic Suspension, Oral Drops, Solution, Suspension, Syrup|
- Keep WYSOLONE 10MG out of reach of children
- Do not store WYSOLONE 10MG above 25°C
FAQs ABOUT WYSOLONE 10MG
What are the uses of WYSOLONE 10MG?
WYSOLONE 10MG treats inflammatory and auto-immune conditions such as allergies, inflammation (affecting lungs, blood vessels & heart, bowel, kidneys, muscles, joints, eye or nervous system), skin conditions, infections and cancers (such as leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma). It is also used to prevent organ rejection after transplantation, which is also indicated to boost steroid levels. It is also used to treat hypercalcemia, generally characterized by symptoms such as stomach pain, nausea, bone pain, and muscle weakness.
How does WYSOLONE 10MG work?
WYSOLONE 10MG works by blocking the production of polymorphonuclear leukocytes (immune cells responsible for inflammation and allergic reactions), which prevents the occurrence of inflammatory and allergic reactions in the affected individuals treating inflammatory and auto-immune conditions.
What side are effects seen with the use of WYSOLONE 10MG?
The most common side effects seen associated with the use of WYSOLONE 10MG are infections, signs of low potassium levels (such as constipation, fast heartbeat), signs of increased sugar in the blood and urine (such as increased thirst, frequent urination), high blood pressure, thinner skin, and impaired wound healing. Consult your doctor before taking medicine.
Can WYSOLONE 10MG be used in a pregnant and breastfeeding woman?
WYSOLONE 10MG should be used cautiously during pregnancy and by women planning for pregnancy. It should also be used cautiously in breastfeeding women as the medicine may pass through milk. Consult your doctor before taking the medication.
Can WYSOLONE 10MG be given to children?
WYSOLONE 10MG should be used cautiously in children and adolescents (below 18 years). Long-term usage should be avoided. Your doctor will decide the dose, frequency and duration depending on the child’s age, body weight, and disease conditions.
1. KD. Tripathi. Corticosteroids. Essentials of medical pharmacology. Eighth 8th edition. 2013. Page – 313.
2. Yana Puckett; Aishah Gabbar; Abdullah A. Bokhari. Prednisone. NIH National Library of Medicine, National center for biotechnology information. StatePearls. May 2022. [Accessed on 9th July 2022] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK534809/
3. Ciro Manzo, Jordi Serra-Mestres, Alberto Castagna, and Marco Isetta. NIH National Library of Medicine, National center for biotechnology information. PMC PubMed Central. August 2018. [Accessed on 9th July 2022] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6163472/
4. Accord UK Ltd. Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC). [Revised on March 2021] [Accessed 9th July 2022] https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5887.pdf
5. Healing Pharma India Pvt. Ltd. Predniheal 40. [Accessed on 9th July 2022] https://www.healingpharma.in/product/predniheal-40/
USEFUL DIAGNOSTIC TESTS
- Complete Blood Count
- Peripheral Smear Examination
Be the first to review “Wysolone 10 mg (Prednisolone)”
You must be logged in to post a review.